Hatuniye Madrasa

Hatuniye Madrasa

It was built by Nasıreddin Mehmed, one of the Dulkadiroğulları, in 1432 at a time when Kayseri frequently changed hands between the principalities and the Ottomans. The building is designed as a single storey, open courtyard and two iwans. At the corners of the crown gate, located in the middle of the southwestern facade, there are milkweed with lotus leaf caps. The original inscription on the crown door was broken and later the inscription in latin letter was placed. It is known that there is a fountain with two arches supported by a column in the middle next to the crown door. This fountain was removed during repairs.

The madrasa was built in accordance with the classical Seljuk tradition. The madrasah, which has two iwans, has a main vaulted vault opposite the entrance iwan, and a classroom with a dome on each side.

×